According to Maharishi Ayurveda, the following general types of imbalances are responsible for chronic conditions, including infertility. While many of these factors do not directly involve reproductive organs the proper functioning of reproductive tissues is actually very dependent on minimizing these types of imbalances.
- Toxins accumulating in tissues and blocking circulation.
- Poor nutrition.
- Poor digestion.
- Imbalance of the nervous system.
- Accumulation of physical and mental stress.
- Lowering of natural resistance and immunity.
- Disruption of natural biological rhythms.
The common modern medical approach to match drugs to symptoms does not completely address many of these factors. As a result, modern medicine often cannot fully remove the core problem and the condition becomes chronic. Chronic means that the condition persists over time even with the best modern medical treatment. Currently over 100 million Americans suffer from a chronic condition, indicating that some new approach is needed in our health care.